Friday 19 September 2014

My life after yoga


        Finally the moment came in my life also. Gotta job after lot of struggle. I had attended so many interviews in college itself and selected in one company. They did not call me for long time. So I worked in a small company and searched for a job. It took one year from the completion of degree to settle in a job. I am not able to describe that moment. It was not happy. I took it as a duty. But it was exciting to get a new experience.

          I kept my footprints in Chennai. Still I remember how my brother taught me to cross the signal , how to take ticket and catch the local train. Joined the company. Everything was good. The initial two years I enjoyed a lot.

       Then came the real face of the IT world. I stretched for long time to meet the deadline. I was not bothered about my sitting positions. I did not care how long I was sitting in the chair. The health which I gained from my childhood because of my mom, everything had gone. Started eating lot of junk foods not because I was hungry just for time pass .put on weight. And along with this back pain also came at free of cost. My backbone got very weak. Every time when I woke up I got stiffness in my back. I was a volleyball player in my college and was strong and had good immunity. Chennai hostel life gave me situations in which I lost my immunity. I used to get fever some times and cold very often.

      So started doing  some warm ups and stretches when I woke up everyday morning. I was doing  it regularly and I had a thought that I was doing everything correct. But something was missing and not satisfied with that. It was not full fledged and full hearted one.
  
        Then the situation came which made me to relocate to vijaya nagar( it is not vijaya nagar but we used to call like that). My health became very worst because of lot of worries. Cold became very good friend of mine. It was visiting me quite often. It took so many reasons to come like dust allergy , cold weather, rainy season, summer season. Like thalaivar dialogue if I put tablet it used to be there for a week if I didn't put it used to be there for 7 days.
  
        Till then I had a very bad impression about yoga centers, gym everything. I thought why to spend money on them. I used to spend lot of money but when it comes to join any class, I will start thinking and picking up the reasons to not to join the class. If I think any center suddenly in my memory it flashes like artificial room facing the main road where we can see only vehicles and hear the vehicles noise. So I was not having much interest to go to any class. But finally I thought of putting some money on my health.
       
        I heard about school of santhi , the first center which I visited. Had a talk with Dev master and Parvati master. And had a look of the place where we do yoga, the terrace.
      
       Something attracted me. Mainly the environment , atmosphere. I felt the nature. It was surrounded by trees. I felt liveliness there.Lighting was good. I like the place which has good ventilation. I liked this and joined. No second thought at all. For buying one dress I used to see lot of options. But when it came to yoga I didn't think for long time.I just went saw the place and said that I will come from tomorrow. I was not interested to ask any questions to masters when enquiring also. Because I don't know anything about yoga.I believed them and committed myself.

          The very first day when I came to class ,Parvati master took class. I joined on April this year for 7 to 8 batch. She used to give demo for each stretch and pose. Then surya namaskar. First in my lifetime, was learning the perfect suryanamaskar and trying to do. I watched everyone in the class and got so much surprised about their flexibility.I was thinking when on the earth I will do like this. Raji , Manju were the only batchmates I knew. I used to get take a place near by Manju. Got very much inspired by her. I asked her when did you join. She said one month back.Then I thought after one month I will also become like her.

         Most of the times I got disappointed if anything was not coming. And after coming from class I had to lie down in bed for at least half an hour. I got so much tired. Everyday after coming from the class I lied down in bed. Then slowly I used to get ready for office. I had no attachment with masters. I didn't know how to call them. Since I was not able to call them by name , I did not call them at all.

          I do not remember when did we start calling them as masters. I think from nagala trek onwards. Then I was dedicatedly going for the class without absence. I got interested and I loved to do yoga. There comes changes in my life.

         As the time passed I got up from my bed without back pain. And I became active most of the times. My stamina has increased, after coming from the class i am able to get ready for office without taking rest .My friend , cold visits me very rarely. Happy for that.

         I was very strong in nature. But some incidents made me lose my character and slowly I was becoming weak. After one or two months of class I was regaining my character. I got the attitude " whatever happens , let it happen will see" like that. My heartbeat increases when I think of something. Slowly that was reduced by itself. Got the mindset of accepting, defending, facing the problems.

         After Nagala trekking trip I got some strength and freshness in my mind. After the parvadha malai trip I changed a lot. My mindset got changed. I was ready to face the problems. I started finding out positive from everything. And I am slowly becoming kind hearted also.

        Since I got so much influenced by masters , finding out positive things and being kind and caring, all these characteristics I inherited from them. I want them to be in their character life long in all the critical situations also. Because I feel that is the beauty of my gurus.
        
        I did not have any guru from my childhood. I love that relationship. Guru shishyai. How beautiful it is, if someone is there to guide , advice , and being role model. And I like to do any activity if masters say so , without asking any questions.

        Apart from that my willpower is increasing.And my acceptance level is increasing. My adjustability level with others is slowly increasing.
       
       Each time when I do yoga pose I am doing full heartedly. Trying to attain every posture and doing with passion. Every time when I finish my final prayer after class I feel very satisfied.

      My father always used to say , stay with people who have good vibrations and good thoughts. Good thoughts only make people to step forward in life. In that case I am lucky I got the people like masters around me with good thoughts and vibrations. Let's see how long this journey continues. Finally at the end of the day , it is all about people and the relationship with them. I am trying not to hurt anyone. I don't know is there any relation between yoga and all these character changes. But after going to class only I got all these changes in me.

                                  I am in the process of positive changes...

3 comments:

  1. Now this one s straight from the heart..extremely happy for you.kudos babe!u inspire me to follow ur footsteps:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your idea dude.because of you I wrote this hema:-)

      Delete
  2. well done chandru...keep it up :) happy to know yoga bcame ur way of life....u deserve the best ;

    ReplyDelete